There are many different types of roofing that homeowners and experts alike would gladly number among the top roofing tiles on the market. However, while many of these products will give you all the options and benefits you desire, the price tag on some of them can be exceedingly high.
If you’re on a budget, therefore, it can be a good idea to consider the advantages of buying cheaper tiles that still offer excellent durability, low maintenance and good protection from fire and wind. Below we’ll take a look at some of these options, as well as at the general price you can expect to pay for tile roofing.
The Average Cost of a Tile Roof
So how much do the top roofing tiles really cost? If you’re looking for the most luxurious and expensive tile roofing products on the market today, you can expect the high end to reach prices of about $30,000. Upgrades and expensive labor costs included, you’re looking at an even higher price, and that doesn’t include all the additional maintenance and repairs you might need down the line.
Fortunately, tiles don’t always have to be that expensive. In fact, some products are substantially cheaper, and the lowest prices can be 15 times less than the aforementioned sum. The cheapest tile roof out there is somewhere around the $2,500 mark. As a result, the national average cost of roofing tile products will be about $11,000 for a typical house, and a range of $6,000 to $17,500 depending on the size of the house and the choice of upgrades you’re considering.
How Much Should You Expect to Pay for Individual Roofing Types?
Of course, the amounts mentioned above are just general estimates. Once you call up your local Orlando roofers, they can give you a more precise estimate based on the size of your home and your preference for tile quality and appearance. But how much will you be required to pay for your tile roof?
The following information should help you decide on that:
- French tiles are stylish and similar to Roman Double tiles. They are great for preventing water damage, and their price can reach about $3.50 per square foot.
- Tapered barrel tiles are typically used on curved roofs, and they can create a unique appearance. Their price ranges between $3 and $6 per square foot.
- Pantile roofs are essentially made from clay tiles that resemble a flattened “S” shape and feature an old wood design. Pantile roofing is among the cheapest at only $2.50 per square foot.
- Roman tiles are extremely popular, and they have a similar appearance to Spanish tiles, but they form rib-like structures that are entirely unique. The price is $2 to $4.50 per square foot.
- Flat shake, scandia and Spanish tile roofing are all around the same pricing range, with spanish tile being the most popular as well as the cheapest at its lower end – $2 per square foot.
So which roofing material is actually cheapest? It can be hard to say, since Double Roman, Flat Shake and Scandia are very close to the prices required for Spanish tile roofing, which is considered to be the cheapest. Ultimately, the top roofing tiles have to be chosen not by their price, but by their main qualities, as mentioned above.